http://www.boyundschwester.blogspot.com/ 2010-03-30 daily 0.7 boy und schwester: Vintage fashion

Thursday 4 March 2010

Vintage fashion

As you may have noticed from my posting, while I proclaim a love for vintage clothing, I don't wear vast amounts of it on a day-to-day basis. Most of the time it's just vintage jewellery or vintage accessories.

There are number of reasons for this.

1. I'm not into rockabilly or anything similar and don't like feeling as if I am an extra in a period film.

2. I don't have the lifestyle requirements to wear my favourite vintage dresses, which are all smart and tailored. I walk to work and can wear jeans. If I tottered about every day in heels and a wiggle skirt, I'd look stupid.

3. I like to look modern and fresh at the same time as wearing vintage clothing. Here's a perfect example of what I mean:


Photo from the Style Scout.

This girl's complete outfit is vintage. Yup, even the trousers. Yet because she's combined up-to-date colours (the pink is very this season) with an interesting variety of silhouettes, she looks incredibly modern. An inspiration to us all, especially if we want to wear vintage clothing but not look like we're about to take our pinny off to freshen up before our hard-working husband's get home from a long day at the office.

Having said that, I do wear older vintage clothing but it does tend to be saved for more special occasions. I'll post pictures separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment