http://www.boyundschwester.blogspot.com/ 2010-03-30 daily 0.7 boy und schwester: Keeping warm with a vintage vibe!

Wednesday 10 February 2010

Keeping warm with a vintage vibe!

Oooh, it feels so different writing this knowing that even a very few people might read it! Say hello and tell me what you think :D

I thought I'd have a little 'show and tell' session about what I've been wearing over the past few weeks as it's been so bitterly cold. I do find it really hard to look like I'm wearing something interesting when it's bundled up under a coat! Have you tried looking cool trudging through the snow in wellies or walking boots?! I have no idea how all these people photographed in places like Stockholm go about with so few clothes on. Now I sound like my mum.

I love this outfit and I never thought I'd say that about any outfit that involves a parka!
Ancient wellies, H&M socks, M&S tights, Massimo Dutti shorts, Zara shirt, Gap parka and vintage jewellery.


I love this outfit so much! This hat makes anything cool. I picked up the shirt at a market in Glasgow last time I was there. Poser? Me? Nooooo!

Massimo Dutti shorts, M&S boots (from their first ever Limited Collection), Accesorize broach, Max Mara hat, my great-uncle Paul's ring and vintage shirt from Glasgow.


I love wearing trench coats, I'm just getting into them. I like wearing so it looks like you've got nothing on underneath except, perhaps, some hot underwear. Obviously here I'm wearing more.

Massimo Dutti trench and shorts, Accessorize outlet top, Oasis cardigan, my boss's old James Smith & Sons umbrella (they're awesome, check them out!), a lizard skin Mapin & Webb vintage handbag, my dad's old Burberry cap and my mum's old Liberty print scarf. And my super attractive walking boots. When you walk to work in the snow, they are a necessity.


So, the slight theme in what I'm wearing at the moment is looking like a member of the Bloomsbury set - I'm going for happy Virgina Woolf. Can you tell?

Shoes LK Bennett, trousers charity shop that I altered, belt Max Mara, shirt Zara, coat with fur collar detached Episode, 1920s necklace from my mum and locket was a present I got when I was born. Oh, and the ring is my great-uncle Paul's again.

Hope you enjoy! What are you wearing at the moment? I want to do features on friends and readers so do email to tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment