http://www.boyundschwester.blogspot.com/ 2010-03-30 daily 0.7 boy und schwester: Bafta loveliness!

Monday 22 February 2010

Bafta loveliness!

I thought the Bafta outfits were generally superb. There were some really great dresses but here are the people who stood out for me...

Again, I really liked Edith Bowman's dress. She often gets a
lot of stick for the way she dresses, but I really like her style. I think she looked gorgeous last night, something a bit different and very modern. Not everyone is keen on her hair but I like it up and pulled back from the dress.


Pictures from Zimbio.

Best actress winner Carey Mulligan also looked amazing. The dress was perfect for her. Quirky and interesting without being weird or too out there. Such a hard line to walk but she does it so well.
Vionnet is a really interesting brand. Originally run by Madame Vionnet from 1912 it's been refounded more recently. She was known as the Queen of Bias and vintage dresses of her's sell for thousands of pounds.

Picture from Cosmopolitan.

Finally, a word for Romola Garai, who looked fabulous in Erdem. I loved their last collection and have been pleased to see a fair amount of it on the red carpet. I do wish she'd worn a different colour of shoes though. Maybe a blue to pick up the dress. Otherwise, lovely!


Picture from Cosmopolitan.

And of course, for the best round up as ever, Red Carpet Fashion Awards has all the info. And doesn't the lady behind it look stunning herself?

No comments:

Post a Comment